    Is there a way to recover the data from it?
    TIA
    Roy

    Roy, Jun 5, 2008

  2. Roy

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    If it was mine, I would open it up, and check it
    with a magnifying glass.
    Often it is a bad connection from the usb connector
    to the printed circuit.
    Bend the pins back into shape, and/or resolder them,
    might restore it to temporary health.

    Sjouke Burry, Jun 5, 2008

  3. Roy

    Roy Guest

    Thanks for the tips Sjouke Burry and Kony, but would like some
    clarification what doyou mean by another system...do you mean another
    PC run by a different OS ?

    Roy, Jun 5, 2008
  4. Roy

    Jabka Atu Guest

    The first question is on what OS did you check it ?

    If you run some flavor of Linux distribution please provide the output
    of lsusb.
    If it is recognized then your usb chip works (the problem is
    software) :
    you can copy the stick using dd comand.

    My guess is that your filesystem (on the stick) is malfunctioning
    that can be fixed .

    Jabka Atu, Jun 5, 2008