    Sorry. Waiting 10 seconds.
    Type boot , go (continue), or login (command mode)
    Thanks in advance!

    dariusz.dolecki, Apr 17, 2012

  2. dariusz.dolecki

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    Install Solaris on another disk on a similar system, swap the
    disk into the problem system, boot, log in as root, and reset it using
    the eeprom command. (This assumes that the "security-mode" allows
    booting from the hard disk without a password.

    Or -- replace the NVRAM (in whatever form it is kept on the
    T2000 -- I'm not familiar with that system -- the clock chip such as the
    older systems use? A smart/ID card such as the Sun Fire V120 uses?, a
    SEEPROM such as the Sun Fire 280R and Sun Blade 2000 use.

    If you have a second system all ready to boot which has the
    smart card, swap smart cards, boot, clear the password with the eeprom
    command, then shut down, swap cards back, and reboot.

    This is assuming that it is a SPARC based system. I'm not sure
    how things are hidden in the AMD based systems.

    Good Luck,
    DoN.

    DoN. Nichols, Apr 18, 2012

  3. T2000s are nigara spacc boxes, but built like a PC, sort of like a 1U
    ultra 5.

    As to why sun still has passwords on stuff like that (and keyswitches) is
    completely beyond me.

    Cydrome Leader, Apr 23, 2012