How to run both SATA and PATA drives on the same box?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Kavorka, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Kavorka

    Kavorka Guest

    My current box uses the MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R motherboard and v1.6 of the
    BIOS.

    My SATA and IDE devices are cabled as follows:
    IDE1 master = CD-RW
    IDE1 slave = ATA66 HDD
    IDE2 master = ATA100 HDD
    IDE2 slave = ATA100 HDD

    Serial ATA controlled by ICH5R:
    SER1 = SATA 160GB HDD
    SER2 = SATA 160GB HDD

    I'm not looking to use a raid configuration, only to get the BIOS to
    recognise all drives. At the moment the BIOS only detects IDE2 and
    SER1 and SER2 devices, ie it is totally ignoring IDE1 devices.

    Any idea of what the On-Chip IDE configuration should be set to?

    Kavorka, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Kavorka

    Lefty Guest

    on my 875P board i used the intel PATA for two ide drives and two cdrw's
    then turned on my promise sata and used one channel for a 120gb drive...

    now, when i got my other 120gb sata drive i sold my pair of 40gb ide pata
    ones.. and only have my pair of cdrw's on my primary pata channel now..

    worked fine

    Lefty, Sep 9, 2003