How to see printf() or Putchar() output in HEW simulator

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by emcodec, May 14, 2014.

  1. emcodec

    emcodec Guest

    Just created a project as type "application" and added a printf() call i
    main(). Executed this code in "M16C R8C Simulator" as Target.

    I referred M16C Compiler Guide chapter "6.4 Using printf for Debugging" an
    followed the steps to print the output in [View -> CPU -> Output Port]. Th
    settings are same as mentioned in the guide but there is not output seen i
    output port window?

    I tried using Uart 0 and uart 1 and also Hex/Text output types but still n
    output in this window is seen. When i used Virtual port out to display th
    output it works (prints on output port) but not using Uart 1/uart 0?

    Do i need to include any other file in project, or any setting which i
    required for printf() to print?

    I am using:
    HEW= Version 4.09
    Tool chain= 5.45.01
    Debug format = IEEE695_RENESAS format which outputs .x30 file

    Please advise. Thanks.

    emcodec, May 14, 2014