How to set AP400 to continue running after power disturbance?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by news, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. news

    news Guest

    I want my AP400 Compaq Workstation to automaticaly turn on again
    after the power failure.
    Currently, when the power comes back, the computer does not start -
    even if it was running before the failure. I have to manually press the
    power button to start it again.

    I have read in the manuals that it is possible to set such option on
    the Advanced tab in the Setup. Unfortunately I have no 'Advanced'
    options in my workstations setup. This Windows 3.1-like BIOS is quite
    limited, I would say...

    I have most recent BIOS and setup versions: 99.07.14 and 1.19.001
    respectively.

    Is there any possibility to access this option in the setup? What
    should I do?
    Or is it possible to set using some other utility?

    Please help me, since I cannot find this information anywhere.

    thanks in advance
    Bartek

    news, Mar 9, 2006

  2. news

    HH Guest

    Why not get a UPS? The Uninterruptable Power Supply likely is the only way
    to achieve what you are seeking.

    HH

    HH, Mar 10, 2006

  3. news

    news Guest

    Yes, an UPS I do have. But the power failures are sometimes longer than
    the UPS can survive..

    /B

    news, Mar 10, 2006