How to set FSB jumpers to 100MHz on MSI KM3M-V mobo ?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by TJ, Dec 22, 2004.

  1. TJ

    TJ Guest

    Advice please

    FSB jumpers set at 133MHz. Manual says jumpers provide ways to set to
    100 133 and 166. but the table provided does not show how to set
    to 100. Only 133 166 and 200 (for the KM400A board)

    Layout is as follows: 'x' shows pins the jumper covers for 133 Mhz

    SW1 SW2

    3x 3
    2x 2x
    1 1x

    Although the manual does not show it, the only combination possible for
    100 would be jumpers covering pins 3 & 2 on both switches. Has anyone
    tried this? There is no way to reset the FSB in the CMOS controls on
    screen, nor do adjutsments there MSI suggests from their support pages.

    I put in a 700 Duron and it's being overclocked to 933Mhz on the 133Mhs
    FSB setting. The system is unstable and won't boot either WIN 98 or a
    clean boot of Suse Linux from a bootable CD.
    If I can set the FSB to 100 that may help. Otherwise I'll buy a 2400
    Sempron.

    Thanks for any suggestions

    TJ

    TJ, Dec 22, 2004

  2. TJ

    Dee Guest

    It probably depends on what version of the board you have.

    The best thing to do is contact MSI Tech Support: www.msicomputer.com

    Dee, Dec 22, 2004

  3. TJ

    Mr Spite Guest

    if it has dip switches use them under 100 and work up your fsb to whatever
    is stable, duron's not really made to run at 133 fsb out of the box and
    depending on the board may barf quite a bit trying to do so, add in your
    memory clock, there's a clear cmos jumper that clears the bios back to spec
    when you push it to far out of spec, you may want to up the vcore a little
    also, i did get an old 700duron to run 1ghtz but that was like er 5 years
    ago, up your vcore a little, (watch all your temps) and run memory at spec
    imho... best luck...

    Mr Spite, Dec 22, 2004