How to use 9800 secondary output with Premiere Pro?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Beemer, Jun 23, 2005.

  1. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    My video card is an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro connected to two monitors. While
    Premiere Pro is running on my primary monitor I want to view the playback on
    my secondary monitor. I have the 9800 secondary set on "no extended
    desktop", clone and theatre full screen mode.

    Release notes for latest 5.6 Catalyst driver for my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    says:

    - New video preview. This provides real-time video preview and shows users
    the benefits of adjusting video settings without committing the changes
    (works)

    -Simpler video playback. This feature easily enables full-screen video
    playback on your secondary display device (works with windvd7 just fine but
    not with Premiere Pro)

    I do understand that I could connect a camera to my firewire port and then
    connect svideo to a TV but that is not convenent for me.

    So anyone out there been able to view a clip running in Premiere Pro on a
    monitor driven by a 9800 Pro?

    Beemer

    Beemer, Jun 23, 2005