    Where do I REALLY stand? Do I need to take the drive back to Office
    Depot and get the 120gig drive instead, or CAN I use this drive? I'm
    confused.

    Daryl Helwig, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Daryl Helwig

    Ron Cook Guest

    Ron Cook, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Daryl Helwig

    gothika Guest

    On 15 Jan 2004 15:20:45 -0800, (Daryl Helwig)
    wrote:
    You could swap the drives and go witht the 120, howevver with the
    maxtor card it'll run much faster.
    I have the Maxtor 133 ATA card and matching 80gig drive, necessary for
    the video work I do.
    The Maxblast software that comes with the card will install and run
    first thing at boot up loading the drive attached to it as master.
    If you do run of the ATA 100 mobo controller the drive will run
    slower. A bad thing for fast intensive tasks like digital video and
    most of the later generation of games.

    gothika, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Daryl Helwig

    KW_UK Guest

    I also have this drive in a win xp pro machine

    you will need to use the utility from maxtors site "big drive enabler" to
    see beyond the 137GB in windows.

    Do not use the drive before you have enabled sizes larger than 137gb with
    that utility

    KW_UK, Jan 16, 2004
  5. Daryl Helwig

    Daryl Helwig Guest

    Are you refering to the adapter card as the 'big drive enabler'?
    Will this cause damage?

    Daryl Helwig, Jan 16, 2004
  6. Daryl Helwig

    KW_UK Guest