    8051 microcontrollers series.
    thanks for helping
    bye take care

    monte, Dec 17, 2007

  2. monte

    Nico Admin Guest

    hi to all,
    Hi

    I suggest that you read up a little about the information contained in a
    ECG.

    A good source of info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrocardiogram

    Suggestion of good GSM modules (modem) that is available in india:
    (They've got different models, used them once, never had any hassles)

    http://www.wavecom.com/modules/movie/scenes/locator/?fuseAction=distributors&country=97

    As far as a microcontroller is concerned, (If I am forced to use a 8051)
    my choice for this application would be the following:
    http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/msc1202y2.html

    Cheers

    Nico Admin, Dec 18, 2007

  3. monte

    larwe Guest

    I suggest that the OP hires someone competent to carry out this
    medical project, rather than asking usenet to design him the next
    Therac.

    larwe, Dec 18, 2007
  4. monte

    steve Guest

    TI has an application note on exactly what you need to do (schematics
    too)

    http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slaa280a/slaa280a.pdf

    steve, Dec 18, 2007
  5. monte

    msg Guest

    Often you can get ideas from FCC type acceptance filings; for example here
    is a Timex heart rate monitor <remote sensor>/<wristwatch readout> schematic from
    a 1999 filing:

    https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=36188&native_or_pdf=pdf

    Other supporting documents describe what mcus were used and provide block diagrams.
    There are other remote ecg monitoring products in other filings to inspect as well.

    BTW: does anyone have any info on an old Prospirit HRM similar to the Timex cited above?
    I thought that I had archived documentation on it years ago but I can no longer locate
    it; the units would be a good basis for a project I am contemplating. I still haven't
    found the FCC filing for this one; perhaps it will turn up under some other product
    description.

    Regards,

    Michael

    msg, Dec 18, 2007
  6. monte

    msg Guest

    msg wrote:

    FWIW, internal inspection reveals that it is a 'G.Pulse SBM-5000', which
    is still a current product (8 yrs old). Basic documentation is available
    from the Taiwanese Mfg.'s site. The device does not have an FCC OET record
    nor does the manufacturer have _any_ FCC records, however the device
    radiates at 130kHz and has a 'CE number' sticker affixed to it.

    Please see my post inquiring about availability of CE certification data.

    Regards,

    Michael

    msg, Dec 18, 2007
  7. Nice Link :):)
    The link is excellent for making a digital heart-rate monitor using a
    MSP430 :):)

    Karthik Balaguru

    karthikbalaguru, Dec 19, 2007