    K9A2 Platinum
    MS-7376

    , Jan 12, 2013

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to use the 2 red sata connectors on the mobo. Manual says
    > MSI web site has the Promise T3 Application program. Are they
    > spreading lies or is it there? I searched for Promise T3 Raid & the
    > variations for those words.
    >
    > Thanks for reading this
    >
    > Promise T3
    > K9A2 Platinum
    > MS-7376

    http://www.msi.com/pic/product/five_pictures9_1332_93f7b93beab3db4beb24ca47af314f2d.jpg

    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-Platinum.html#?div=Detail

    4 SATA II (1~4) ports by AMD SB600
    2 SATA II (5~6) ports by Promise T3, support SAS ready devices, for storage devices only
    2 eSATA ports by Promise T3, for storage devices only
    - Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s

    A Google gives this as the add-on chip used. You should be able to
    verify this chip, by looking at the chip near the six SATA connectors.
    Maybe there is a Promise logo on that chip. 42819.

    "Promise T3 FastTrack PDC42819 RAID controller"

    A previous searcher claims the same chip is
    used on the TX2650 card. Read the customer reviews
    here, to get some idea how much fun using that thing is.
    It basically works at SATA I rates. When they refer to
    updating the firmware on this card (the BIOS INT 0x13
    routine), that code would be a part of the motherboard
    BIOS on your motherboard.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816102139

    So if MSI offered no driver for it, and gave you the cold shoulder,
    you could investigate drivers off the Promise site for TX2650.
    That might be an option.

    It could be, that they don't have Promise drivers, for all possible
    OSes. I tried XP 32 bit, and a driver shows up. Maybe they didn't get
    64 bit drivers from Promise.

    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-Platinum.html#/?div=Driver&os=XP 32

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 13, 2013

  3. N/A Guest

    Re: How to use Promise T3 Working... Thanks Paul (0/1)

    On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:02:42 -0500, Paul <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I would like to use the 2 red sata connectors on the mobo. Manual says
    >> MSI web site has the Promise T3 Application program. Are they
    >> spreading lies or is it there? I searched for Promise T3 Raid & the
    >> variations for those words.
    >>
    >> Thanks for reading this
    >>
    >> Promise T3
    >> K9A2 Platinum
    >> MS-7376

    >http://www.msi.com/pic/product/five_pictures9_1332_93f7b93beab3db4beb24ca47af314f2d.jpg
    >
    >http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-Platinum.html#?div=Detail
    >
    > 4 SATA II (1~4) ports by AMD SB600
    > 2 SATA II (5~6) ports by Promise T3, support SAS ready devices, for storage devices only
    > 2 eSATA ports by Promise T3, for storage devices only
    > - Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
    >
    >A Google gives this as the add-on chip used. You should be able to
    >verify this chip, by looking at the chip near the six SATA connectors.
    >Maybe there is a Promise logo on that chip. 42819.
    >
    >"Promise T3 FastTrack PDC42819 RAID controller"
    >
    >A previous searcher claims the same chip is
    >used on the TX2650 card. Read the customer reviews
    >here, to get some idea how much fun using that thing is.
    >It basically works at SATA I rates. When they refer to
    >updating the firmware on this card (the BIOS INT 0x13
    >routine), that code would be a part of the motherboard
    >BIOS on your motherboard.
    >
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816102139
    >
    >So if MSI offered no driver for it, and gave you the cold shoulder,
    >you could investigate drivers off the Promise site for TX2650.
    >That might be an option.
    >
    >It could be, that they don't have Promise drivers, for all possible
    >OSes. I tried XP 32 bit, and a driver shows up. Maybe they didn't get
    >64 bit drivers from Promise.
    >
    >http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-Platinum.html#/?div=Driver&os=XP 32
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks for your help. I have searched several times an hour or two
    each time.

    Attached is what I found. This should help the next searcher. I saved
    the page as a complete htm document. If you want it posted let me know

    Chuck

    N/A, Jan 17, 2013