HP 700 Can't perform system recover.

Discussion in 'HP' started by snnick, Nov 21, 2007.

1. snnick

snnick

A little history. Computer would shut down after running a minute or so. Opened it up and found one fan not working due to accumulation of dust. Cleaned the fan and heat sink under it and all other fans and unit stayed on OK, but would not boot up to Windows XP. Ordered recovery disc set from HP for this computer and tried to recover but it would just cycle through start-up. Bought a new hard drive. Same brand as was in there (Seagate) but twice as big. From 80Gb to 160Gb. Also replaced DVD/CD Writer that I was using to boot from.
    Now it progresses through the recovery up to right after "Starting System Recovery". Then sometime it will start to transfer files for about a minute and then shut down due to system error. Sometimes it won't get as far as file transfer before I get the error messages. Also, I am getting various messages after it stops such as PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, or STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}, or The Windows Subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly. System has shut down.
    I'm thinking that since I put a different hard drive in that the recovery discs won't work? Or maybe motherboard was damaged when fan wasn't working? Any help on getting this thing loaded with Windows would be appreciated.

snnick, Nov 21, 2007
Ask a Question