    find a service manual that would guide me through removing the case.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Jack Edmunds, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Jack Edmunds

    Bill Guest

    Hi,
    This may sound like a joke, but it really isn't. I have a 970 that was
    stored for over a year with its cartridges inside. The black one leaked and
    the whole thing, printer, box and all, was covered in congealed black
    grunge. After trying all the obvious careful ways to clean it, I took out
    the cartridges, and put the whole thing in a bath tub, and soaked it
    overnight in warm water - the whole thing!! The following morning I sprayed
    it thoroughly with the shower until no more ink emerged (this took about an
    hour!!) Then very, very careful drying with towels, tissues and my wife's
    hair dryer and reconnection when it was absolutely dry.
    It worked perfectly and has done now for six months!!!
    Now, I would not recommend this.....but it did work for me.
    You do need to unplug the printer first though ;-)
    Bill

    Bill, Nov 24, 2003