HP Deskjet 1000 printer problems

Discussion in 'HP' started by KenK, Oct 21, 2012.

  1. KenK

    KenK Guest

    I returned my new HP DJ 1000 recently ($10 shipping!) and received a
    replacement. It seemed to work ok on a couple of test prints. Then wanted
    a new mono cartridge. Snce then it is printing improperly - skips lines,
    prints only portions of lines - skips ends of lines (acts like it doesn't
    see the CR and drops the remainder of the line), skips complete
    lines, and sometimes prints only top half of line characters. Not what
    appears on the monitor. Acts like it is getting bad info but a Canon
    printer works OK with same software (several) and documents (several
    different).

    I'm stumped. Any suggestions? I replaced the cart with the correct HP
    brand cart. Not sure it's the cart - just guessing. Probably co-
    incidence. BTW, the new cart was removed from the original printer
    (installed when its original cart ran out of ink) before it was returned
    where it had only printed a couple of documents. Who knows? I'm not about
    to buy another cart.

    Bad driver? Tried the drivers for the original printer install and also
    the replacement printer install so I doubt it.

    TIA for any ideas.

    In case you hadn't guessed this is the last thing I'll ever buy from HP!
    What a shame - they used to be a good reliable company.

    KenK, Oct 21, 2012