HP DISPLAY BLANK ON BOOTUP...ETERNAL MONITOR DONT WORK

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by FiestyPC, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. FiestyPC

    FiestyPC Guest

    HELPPPP
    I just bought a HP ZT1180

    It has a little problem: Start up the laptop and the power is there
    lights, CD etc. NO SCREEN....NOTHING AT ALL........

    Not sure if its booting as its pretty quiet, although the fan comes o
    then goes off after a few seconds. Its almost like the cd spins the
    something tells the machine to stop running the boot process??

    I plugged in an external monitor and NOTHING there either.

    SO then I wait a couple hours and it works as if nothing as eve
    happened! Screen is PERFECT

    Tonight I have the same prob but screen is not working yet.......mayb
    not waiting long enuff??LOL

    So what is the problem......any ideas??

    I have chekked:
    Power cables and AC pack (all fine)
    Battery seems dead......doesnt power up although it says 100%
    Taken a look at the screen ribbon seems fine, not loose
    Power button is ok
    AC inlet seems ok, not loose
    Made sure anything else wasnt loose etc etc

    thanks and I would love any help ASAP thanks as this is an ebay issu
    LO

    FiestyPC, Dec 22, 2005