HP driver DLL missing when loading Spooler service ( HPBVCMNT.dll)

Discussion in 'HP' started by Tom, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Ran across a problem after I installed the drivers for an LJ 4600dn on a
    pre-existing NT 4.0 server; whenever I would start the spooler service
    (including on boot), it would display this message:

    ==
    spoolss.exe - Unable To Locate DLL

    The dynamic link library HPBVCMNT.dll could not be found in the
    specified path C:\WINNT\system32;[etc, etc, all the folders in my %PATH%
    variable]

    [OK]
    ==

    The spooling worked fine but it was necessary to click "OK" before it
    would function properly.

    The problem apparently occurred because of a conflict between the old HP
    JetAdmin software (version 3.42) that was loaded on the system and the
    new drivers. Removing the old JetAdmin software solved the problem.

    This message is being posted simply for the karma, since this topic
    hasn't been resolved on usenet or hp's support site as of yet.

    -Tom

    Tom, Oct 29, 2003