    what I might do about it?

    thanks very much,

    John

    jcage, Sep 18, 2008

  2. jcage

    ShadowTek Guest

    wrote in @x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
    You could test for hardware stability by running a Memtest+86 boot disk. If
    you get any errors, then you'll know that you have a hardware problem.

    You could also try installing something like Speedfan for Windows, which
    will give you a good listing of your available temperature sensors. Once
    installed, you could try running a few stress tests to see what kind of
    temps are being generated.

    ShadowTek, Sep 18, 2008

  3. jcage

    AJ Lake Guest

    Have you checked your fan compartment? It may be clogged with dust. On my HP
    laptop (zd7000) there is a bottom panel for access to the compartment. My
    laptop has never shut down when it's clogged, but I sure know it because the
    fans will speed up much higher than normal.

    AJ Lake, Sep 18, 2008