    product stores sell 'FOR HP COMPATIBLE' items?

    Is this legitimate trade practice? I would like to speak with my
    Attorney to see if we can initiate a class action lawsuit.

    jp2003, Sep 21, 2005

  2. jp2003

    Ben Myers Guest

    No, it's not a legit trade practice, just a common practice in the printer
    industry. Lexmark recently lost a suit, after trying to force people to buy
    their cartridges.

    Franklly, the printer industry is sick, sick, sick. Printers are made cheaply,
    and sold cheaply. Then the printer manufacturer extorts large sums from printer
    owners for low-capacity ink or toner cartridges. Because all the printer
    manufacturers are doing it, buyers have little recourse except to continue to
    use older reliable printers, which is what I do... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 21, 2005

  3. jp2003

    Bob Headrick Guest

    Although HP encourages you to buy their supplies you are not forced to. See
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=bpa00113&lc=en

    What specifically are you suggesting?

    - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

    Bob Headrick, Sep 22, 2005