    there is a registry entry I need to change, but cannot figure out where
    to look. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, Dick

    xxyz, Mar 21, 2007

  2. xxyz

    Colin Wilson Guest

    After installing an older printer (HP Laserjet 2420d) to a new computer
    ISTR there was a similar problem following a windows update a year or so
    ago - is it up to date on the patches ?

    Colin Wilson, Mar 21, 2007

  3. Thanks for the response. Windows XP (Home)is up to date with all the
    patches. The problem occurred when installing the old printer to the new
    computer.

    Richard Leamer, Mar 23, 2007
  4. xxyz

    Colin Wilson Guest

    Thanks for the response. Windows XP (Home)is up to date with all the
    Was the driver download "fresh" - i.e. is there any possibility it may
    have been carrying a payload of some sort ?

    This thread is a little long, but mentions a similar problem, but
    involves the system32 directory:

    http://www.hijackthis-forum.de/showthread.php?t=21608&page=1

    Colin Wilson, Mar 24, 2007