HP LaserJet 8150 reprinting on its own? Fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'HP' started by printdude1968, Jul 10, 2007.

  1. Greetings:

    OS = Windows 2003 Server

    Printer Specs:

    Device: HP LaserJet 8150 Series
    Page Count: 3337958
    Control Panel: POWERSAVE ON
    Host Name: NPI30EE74
    System Up Time: 65:55:43
    System Contact: CHEQP1
    System Location:
    HP JetDirect: J4169A
    Firmware Version: L.20.24
    IP Address: ***.***.***.****
    Hardware Address: ************
    Admin Password:

    We are having an issue where a print job is being sent to an HP8150 3
    times. The first time, it prints part of the job and stops. The
    second time, same thing. The third time it completes. I have looked
    in the W3K Event Log and have only found one place where Windows is
    printing it, so I am thinking that the printer is doing it. Is this
    possible without any human intervention, and if so, where can I look
    on the printer (i.e. a log) to find out why. And then, the biggest
    question: can it be prevented?

    Thanks

    printdude1968, Jul 10, 2007