  1. ps56k

    ps56k Guest

    HP LaserJet P1102w - Wireless problems if powered off

    ps56k, May 2, 2014

  2. ps56k

    Keith Nuttle Guest

    Does your printer have a clear path to your computer. If you have a
    wireless laptop move to some other area, and see if you can get a
    wireless connection there.

    I am not saying that there is not a problem with the hardware. but the
    wireless connection may be blocked by a dish wash, dryer, etc. You may
    also see if you can get a connection on a different channel.

    Keith Nuttle, May 2, 2014

  3. ps56k

    ps56k Guest

    nope - they are sitting next to each other in the same room -
    it's not that it can't find the signal... they broke the firmware.

    -------
    Gave up after reading and posting multiple times on the HP Forum.
    Needed a printer - working - now -
    So ran out and picked up the Brother HL-2270DW.
    It has Ethernet, USB, and Wireless.
    I just needed something to work - so used the Ethernet -
    and connected into our local LAN, installed Windows drivers,
    and BAM - working -

    I see it so often -
    companies rush to add MORE features and functions,
    and along the way, they break the basics.

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2017
    ps56k, May 2, 2014
  4. ps56k

    ps56k Guest

    BTW - I had a nicely working HP 4p - from YEARS ago,
    but could not get reliable toner carts,
    as they stopped making them in 2005.

    SO - around xmas - bought the HP P1102w.
    Held it as backup for when I needed "toner",
    and couldn't get a reliable cartridge...
    Well - it happened yesterday.
    Toner was not covering,
    and tried TWO different orig HP carts,
    still no joy.

    Installed the HP P1102w and it was great.
    Until I unplugged it and turned it back on.
    Spent all afternoon trying to get it to work via WiFi
    after the turn off/on cycle - NOPE.
    Over 1,000+ postings on the topic on the HP forum.

    Unfortunately, I knda screwed myself with the "backup" purchase.
    Could only return it within 14 days - it's over 120 days.
    HP's policy is 90 days - it's over 120 days.

    SO -it's brand new - had a dozen pages printed,
    and not it's all in the box - sitting in the corner.

    ps56k, May 2, 2014