HP LP2475w TFT monitor, any experiences?

Discussion in 'HP' started by Patrick Vervoorn, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. Hi there,

    I'm seriously considering buying the (new) HP LP2475w 24" Widescreen TFT
    monitor. The feature set looks good: S-IPS panel, 2 x DVI-I, 1 x HDMI, 1 x
    DisplayPort and a set of analog inputs. However, due to it 'new-ness' I
    haven't found many reviews. Only 1 Dutch magazine did a generic test of a
    bunch of TFTs and found it rather unremarkable.

    Does anyone here have any other pointer to info? I am currently following
    the info emerging on www.prad.de, and [H]ardforum also has a thread
    running about it. While these forums contain a lot of interesting
    first-hand experiences, not all questions are answered. Apparently the
    biggest gripe people have are the fact that the 2475w is a so-called
    'Wide-Gamut' monitor, but it's sRGB mode is apparently not exactly the
    'classic' mode it should be.

    Beyond that, I haven't found any hard numbers with regard to it's response
    time; HP claims it has 12ms rise+fall time, and 6ms (grey-to-grey). Input
    lag seems to be around 1.5 frames.

    Anyone here have any experience with it yet?

    Regards, Patrick.

    Patrick Vervoorn, Sep 2, 2008