HP Media Center and Remote Control

Discussion in 'HP' started by Eduardo, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Eduardo

    Eduardo Guest

    Hello,

    My remote control receiver, when plugged to the USB port, wants to
    install a "USB<->Serial" driver from the Internet. I don't have an
    internet connection from home, and according to HP, the driver is
    supposed to have shipped with the computer anyway. The computer is
    brand new. I didn't do anything to any drivers that came with it. Of
    course, HP technical support tells me to do a "system restore"
    (reinstall Windows XP), which will surely not work, since the computer
    is just the way it came from the factory.

    Did anyone have a similar problem?

    The remote control receiver should in reality install a "eHome
    infrared receiver" USB driver.

    Can I download the real "eHome infrared receiver" driver from
    somewhere and take it home?

    Cheers
    Eduardo

    Eduardo, Jan 15, 2004