HP NX7000: Can't create overlay

Discussion in 'HP' started by Christoph, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Christoph

    Christoph Guest

    Hi!

    When I am trying to play DVDs on my new HP Notebook NX7000 I am getting the
    following error-message out of HP's InterVideo WinDVD-Version: "Can't create
    overlay. Reduce screen-resolution or colour-depth."

    I reduced the resolution to 800x600 and got the same error. This is my
    system-configuration:

    Operating System: Windows XP Professional
    Display-Controller: ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Display-Controller-Driver: Original HP-Version 6.14.10.6342
    DirectX: Version 9.0b
    Display-BIOS: 008.007.045.003
    System-BIOS: F.11
    WinDVD Version 4

    Additional error: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 reports: 'Can't start
    hadrdware-acceleration'

    Does anyone have the same problem? Is there any chance to solve this
    problem? Or is it a hardware-error?

    Thanks for your help!

    Bye,
    Christoph

    Christoph, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Hi,

    Which is your version of WinDVD ?

    On my Nx7000 (Installed with XP Pro in English),
    I have registered the software and upgraded it to his last version ...

    Mine is :

    WinDVD version 4.0 DXVA
    B11.271C11.10778.0000D00000

    .... And I haven't any particular problem ...

    - Tell me which Zone (1 or 2) is your DVD ?
    - Did you upgrade XP with last fixes (Widows Update) ?

    As I have added 512 Mb RAM (now 1Gb), it's possibly the reason why I haven't
    this pb !

    Regards

    Nikola

    Nikola Petanjko, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Christoph

    Christoph Guest

    Hi!
    Version 4 (downloaded from the HP-Homepage)
    4.0 DXVA B11.271
    I don't know. How to find out?
    Yes, everything is up to date.
    I don't think so, because it has to work with 512 MB if HP sells it with 512
    MB.

    Thanks!

    Christoph

    Christoph, Jan 24, 2004