    while creating save to disk partition" Under that the prompt is
    directed to X:\tools\S2D. Can anyone out there give me some guidance
    to the fix?

    Terry Schmille, Aug 17, 2005

  2. On the seventh day, Terry Schmille wrote...
    That could be pretty much anything. Some pointers to check:
    -make sure the memory is installed properly and is working normally (run
    memtest86 for at least one straight night! There mustn*t be any error.)
    ->may be RAM

    -check whether the CPU, fan/hsf combo is dust-free
    ->may be overheating

    -check your cd drive by booting from a live linux cd such as a knoppix
    based one.
    ->may be read errors

    -check your hdd by running "smartctl -a /dev/hda" (minus quotes) from
    inside a knoppix based live linux cd or insert from the Ultimate Boot CD
    (which always comes handy). "knoppix 2" should be everything you need to
    boot.
    ->may be hdd error

    HTH

    Christian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=FCrrhauer?=, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Terry Schmille

    Doug Holtz Guest

    Sounds like the hard drive has failed. The CD had to write to the hard
    drive and this process failed. You were stuck on the \tools\s2d folder on
    the CD drive.

    Can you boot to a floppy or run fdisk off the recovery CD? That will tell
    you if the drive is working.

    Doug

    Doug Holtz, Aug 19, 2005