HP Pavilion 564a, shuts down, 5 seconds,Fan Problem

Discussion in 'HP' started by Ockerr, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Ockerr

    Ockerr Guest

    I have a HP Pavilion 564a with a Phoenix Bios 4.00 and every time I start
    the Computer it says the Cpu Fan is not working and the Computer will shut
    down in 5 seconds unless I press F2
    Now, The Fan is working and there is no problem, The Cpu Temp is running at
    a nice Cool 33 deg But the problem is I cant get rid of the Warning and
    pressing F2 all the time to start up is getting to be a pain.
    I cant turn it off at the Bios as it needs to be done via the Motherboard,
    Possibley a Jumper of some sort, But I cant find the Jumper, Does any one
    know where it might be situated on the MB, ( Thats if there is one ) or How
    can I stop this message comming up

    The 3 wire cable is in the correct Plug, its in the origonal socket from the
    day it was purchaced. there are 2 sockets one either side of the MB, I have
    tried Both but the same problem accours. so I have now left it in the
    origonal position. One thing I have add'd is a new Hard Drive to the
    Computer, But surely that wouldnt have anything to do with the problem.
    There are no other wires that I could have Damaged or dissconnected near it.
    The message in the Phoenix Bios says it cant be configured from the Bios (
    See your Administrator ) So I gather there should be a way of cancelling
    the message out. So from that I presume there is a Jumper to stop that
    message coming up. Some similar HP dont have CPU fans so that is another
    reson why I thought that I should be able to stop the message and the
    restart in 5 seconds.
    Cheers and Thanks

    Ockerr, Oct 27, 2005