HP Pavilion a1206n

Discussion in 'HP' started by ClonXy, Sep 24, 2006.

1. ClonXy

ClonXy

Well, i installed driver updates straight from the HP website, then while installing, a error message came up, i dont remember what. then days later when i restarted my comp (i always leave my comp on) i get a Error Message: (the exact message is shown, including the way it was written)
    Code:
    Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
    Copyright (c) 2000, Award Software, Inc.

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting IDE ATAPI device ...
       Found CDROM, try to Boot from it ... Fail

Detecting floppy drive A media
    INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
    I have my own copy of windows xp home edition with all the latest windows updates on it. I believe this problem was caused because i was installing multiple updates from the official HP website at the same time. The drivers were all the proper ones for my computer and i know that because i used the same exact ones before i reformatted.

I've already contacted HP about this problem, doesn't seem like they were any help. They used search on the HP site, doesn't seem like any of them are professionals...

They're support to mail me a box to mail the PC back to them in 2-4 days, but today is the forth day and i still havent receive anything in the mail. I don't want to wait too long for it to be sent, fixed, and sent back. So i was hoping that anyone here already experienced this problem, and can help me...
    I've tried inserting Windows XP Home cd ( same one i used to install xp home), and i also tried a Windows ME cd, but none of them would let me reformat or lead to any solution.

ClonXy, Sep 24, 2006
Ask a Question