    can just add another memory module?

    Thanks,
    GN

    genenamg, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Go to http://www.hp.com and choose the "Support & Troubleshooting tab. This
    will take you to a page that has a box for you to type in the exact model
    number of your machine. Once you do that, it will take you to a page where
    you can choose to print out the manual, specifications, etc. The
    specification sheet will list exactly what type of memory will work for that
    machine and the manual will tell you how to install it.

    Annie Woughman, Jul 9, 2006

  3. genenamg

    Daibidh Guest

    Here is a link to your laptop's manuals:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=500449&lang=en&

    This is what HP PartSurfer (http://partsurfer.hp.com) offers:

    Part#403800-001 $427.00 1GB, 200pin, PC2700 DDR1-333 Small Outline Dual
    In-Line Memory Module (SODIMM)

    This is what Crucial Technology (www.crucial.com) offers:

    Part#CT499525 $158.99 1GB, 200pin, PC2700 DDR1-333 Small Outline Dual
    In-Line Memory Module (SODIMM)

    That's a substantial savings. Crucial is a division of Micron and extremely
    reputable although it is not always the least expensive. I don't want to
    sound like a Crucial advertisement but you might want to check out their
    Memory Advisor tool just to see what they have to offer.

    Now which dv8000 model do you have? I'm making the assumption you have the
    straight dv8000 or dv8000z. The dv8000t uses DDR2 technology.

    Hope this helps,

    Dave

    Daibidh, Jul 10, 2006