    0
    Expansion Port

    Responding to your question about whether the expansion port carries the power from the docking station cable into the notebook . . . the answer is "yes". Prior to getting my notebook power jack fixed (HP replaced the motherboard, under warranty . . . a non-issue as the notebook was only four months old), the way I got power to the notebook/battery was through the docking station cable. As for the name of the "screws", I do not have a clue . . . although it would certainly appear that the previous owner of your notebook seemed to alter the original hardware. Good luck!

    ghrad, Apr 25, 2008

  2. intrepid_dw

    garsky

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks...

    It;s nice to hear somebody's offering some help in here with Hp. i really look forward to get connected with you every time my HP encounters problem. Thank you mr. Good Samaritan. So long.

    garsky, Apr 30, 2008

  3. intrepid_dw

    ranbunctious

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    xc1000 media cable

    I've been using my xc1000 media cable for over a year now. It's still working fine. Since it attaches with screws, I can't imagine it ever wearing out. It is bulky and heavy, but it seems to be holding up just fine. I know for certain that I'll never pay $350 to replace the AC jack again.

    ranbunctious, Aug 3, 2008
  4. intrepid_dw

    sshelton961

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    xc1000

    How does the xc1000 plug into the power cable.
    Pics would be very helpful

    sshelton961, Oct 31, 2008