HP Pavilion ze4420. Upgrading from Windows XP Home to Windows XP Pro

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Maurizio Oliveri, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. I had a HP Pavilion ze4420us and, shortly after I bought it, I decided
    to upgrade my OS from Win XP home to Win XP pro. I did a FRESH install
    (no upgrade), but I suppose that an upgrade should prevent to do these
    steps.

    It was a little bit tricky to restore all the HP original
    functionalities. But seems that I've finally succeded. So I've decided
    to write a simple guide to do it. Hope it helps!

    Install normally your Window XP Professional.
    After that, you have to find the following files from the HP support
    website:

    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...osoft Windows XP&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software

    SP23128.exe for Intervideo DVD Player
    SP23455.exe for Conexant Audio Driver
    SP23603.exe for Notebook Utilities
    SP23612.exe for One-Touch buttons
    SP24444.exe for Synaptics Touchpad
    SP25731.exe for ATI Radeon IGP 320M (video adapter)

    After that, you should have a perfectly working laptop with XP Pro.

    Enjoy!

    Maurizio Oliveri, Mar 2, 2004