Hp Pavilion ze4800 Will not power on

Discussion in 'HP' started by Mungojere, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Mungojere

Mungojere

There have been a few posts about non-working laptops after heat or battery problems, but here is a whopper.

My parents laptop will not come on, but the battery charging light will work fine. The battery is fully charged and laptop will not power up with it in or out.

If you hold the laptop upside-down and remove the battery, there are two small, flat screws. Today I removed the laptop battery and found one of those screws lodged in the battery posts down deep in the laptop.

I believe this may be the whole problem. I removed the battery, dislodged the screw, and straightened the thin metal post to properly install the battery.

Now, this laptop is HP's greatest and most expensive paper-weight ever sold.

Please help.:(

Mungojere, Sep 22, 2006
  2. Mungojere

Mungojere

Yep, the verdict is in. metal touching the battery fins inside the laptop whilst plugged into ac current will render your lap pooched.

The hard drive even pooched the computer guys diagnostic tool when he tried to recover the data.

Protect your battery bay like the holy grail!!!!!

Mungojere, Sep 26, 2006
Ask a Question