    Any reset or something or is this pretty much power supply being
    toast?

    Any and all help greatly appreciated.

    infiniteMPG, Apr 28, 2008

  2. infiniteMPG

    TR Oltrogge Guest

    I have a DV9005 model with WindowsXP that was affected by a hardware problem in the WiFi area that eventually (over a period of a
    week or so) caused my machine to refuse to power up with the same symptoms. Take a look at

    http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service...47627+1209410584347+28353475&threadId=1104931

    Give the path time to load, there's a lot of information there. The key thing would be to question the owner about *any* suspicious
    problems with the machine beforehand. Most people report their WiFi connection drifting in and out before total failure. A list of
    models and serial numbers in the range affected is at

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c01087277&dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us

    It's worth a look.

    Tim

    TR Oltrogge, Apr 28, 2008

  3. infiniteMPG

    infiniteMPG Guest

    Hey Tim,

    I'm checking into those links now. Just now found out that the unit
    it out of warrantee (wanted to find that out before I started
    "operating" on it).

    Thanks for the help,
    Scott

    infiniteMPG, Apr 30, 2008
  4. infiniteMPG

    TR Oltrogge Guest

    The warranty has been extended for an extra year *for the WiFi problem only* as you'll see when you check out the links. My own
    machine was about two months beyond the one-year warranty but they replaced the mother board at no cost to me.

    Tim

    TR Oltrogge, Apr 30, 2008
  5. infiniteMPG

    dBc Guest

    Tim..

    Great post & great research! This is the kind of information that is
    key in a forum like this..

    Scott, prior to tearing into it you may want to get HP Service on the
    phone and describe the symptoms you're experiencing and that you are
    aware of the hardware issues concerning that particular laptop model.
    Why mention this, they MAY issue an RMA to have it sent back so they
    can look at it. IF there's a chance for them to repair the issue, let
    them! Tearing into the laptop will certainly give up that chance. A
    little wheeling and dealing may very well pay great dividends here
    since they've got all the components to render a 'fix' at their
    fingertips.

    Cheers,
    Mr. Mentor

    dBc, May 15, 2008
  6. infiniteMPG

    jessica0126

    Joined:
    May 20, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Check you battery and adapter, or need a new one?

    Make sure whether its the battery or adapter's problem, return the battery or adapter to your seller, i just feel you need to ask for computer experts.

    jessica0126, May 20, 2009