HP psc 2175 secrets

Discussion in 'HP' started by Bill Robertson, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. I've searched all over the web and usenet and can't find any reference
    to getting diagnostic output (more than given in the built in self
    test report) from an HP psc 2175 all-in-one.

    My other color printer is an old HP960c which has several diagnostic
    modes accessed using the Form Feed button and the "X" button. Using
    this technique I could get information including:

    Page count
    Paper-indent-exactness?
    P/C, Page count, Paper-sizing-dates
    ROM-Dump, P/C, Alignment-dates
    Cartridges-identification-dates / filler situation

    I've been told by HP tech support (and confirmed in HP's web article
    titled "HP All-in-One Product Family - Troubleshooting the Photo Card
    Reader") that powering up the 2175 while holding down the cancel key
    and right arrow key simultaneously causes a hard reset but have been
    unable to confirm this in practice.

    Thanks in advance for any help/leads.

    Bill Robertson

    Bill Robertson, Aug 19, 2004