HP PSC 2210 forces system to reboot after printing 2 or 3 pages

Discussion in 'HP' started by Number32, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. Number32

    Number32 Guest

    Hi,

    I trying to help a charity out that has a 2210. It is connected to a
    Windows 2000 (all updates installed) machine with 256K of ram.

    When they print on the 2210, they get about 3 or 4 good pages and then
    the system freezes. A reboot solves the problem for the next 2 to 4
    pages.

    If I uninstall the printer and install a standard HP ScanJet (set it
    to default), they can print a million black&white pages.

    On reboot, the 2210 is reinstalled. From that point on, it's a roll
    of the dice. Sometimes the user can go back and forth between the
    2210 and the phantom scanjet without problems. But, on to many
    instances, the printer won't work if switched to "color" via switching
    to the 2210. It hangs and only a reboot gets it to print in color.

    Any idea's?

    Thanks

    Number32, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Number32

    MyndPhlyp Guest

    With the 2210 installed, and while logged on as the Administrator, run
    MSINFO32. Double-click the Components folder and then double-click the
    Problem Devices sub-folder. Is the 2210 listed there?

    MyndPhlyp, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Number32

    Number32 Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for responding. I'll stop by on Monday and run the application
    and post the results that morning.

    Number32, Nov 1, 2003