    MEDIA COMPANION) AND PUT IT IN, REINICIATED MY COMPUTER AND IT PULLE
    THE TRYAPP FILES, NOW IT WORKS FINE
    ALIC

    alices, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Gordon

    hils Guest

    I have had problems with my broadband connection since this trayap
    window appeared. I usually just close/cancel it but it takes abou
    ten attempts to get rid of it. I was losing my broadband connectio
    periodically and could only get it back by dialing any number on th
    phone, when I could hear it dialing just like it used to when I had
    dial-up connection. It then disconnected from the broadband about
    week ago and would only stay connected it the phone was engaged.
    Today I didn't try to close Trayapp because it was annoying my so
    just moved the window to the bottom of my desktop. The Internet ha
    been connected every since. HELP

    hils, Aug 31, 2005

  3. Gordon

    Eagle1 Guest

    I really love my little HP All in One, but how can I find out if it
    has a Twain driver, I know nothing about, trying to scan
    printed-out music back into a notation program that I lost in recent
    computer crash. Anyone know anything about that? Have SharpEye or any
    scan program? Music is considered pictures, only Tif files
    compatible with the notation program.

    For whatever this info is worth, System Restore, the rollback to an
    earlier date, will only work a certain number of times. I wasn't
    getting anywhere by using the HP disk, so was trying rollbacks,
    finally had to do a full F-10 key recovery. I don't know if that
    will help anyone.

    Wish MS would come out with a new XP home disk. People are still
    using the 2003 one. Or would that cause us new problems?

    Eagle1, Aug 31, 2005
  5. Gordon

    Ben Myers Guest

    One way to find out if your All in One has a Twain driver is to download
    IrfanView (written by Irfan, of course), a very useful and very much free image
    manipulation program. Using it, I can scan directly from my Twain complaint
    old-time SCSI scanner. Not sure if it will scan to a TIF image, though... Ben
    Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 31, 2005
  6. Gordon

    Eagle1 Guest

    Thanks much, Ben. I'm printing this out to try.

    I went to HP.com/support and downloaded a "full" version instead
    of the "basic" we probably all installed, (with dial-up it takes 20
    hrs!) but need to increase my virtual memory by 412.92MB for a
    gc_W01-EN (driver?) and I don't even want it if there isn't a
    Twain driver in it.

    I'll try your solution.

    Eagle1, Sep 6, 2005
  7. Gordon

    Eagle1 Guest

    Thanks much, Ben. I'm printing this out to try.

    I went to HP.com/support and downloaded a "full" version instead
    of the "basic" we probably all installed, but need to increase
    my virtual memory by 412.92MB for a gc_W01-EN (driver?) and I
    don't want it if there isn't a Twain driver in it. I'll try to
    contact them with a question.

    Eagle1, Sep 6, 2005
  8. Gordon

    poboy9250 Guest

    dw1210wrote
    Identical problem heere....please hle

    im having the same proble

    poboy9250, Oct 26, 2005
  9. Gordon

    Eagle1 Guest

    10-26-0

    Right after my post above, I contacted their online tech chat an
    found that I needed a disk version of the update, free becaus
    I was still under warranty, and it took just as long to install as
    the 20-hr download.

    But I don't seem to have any more problems. I think the dis
    is about $10 if you have to buy it. Hope this help
    someone.

    Good luck

    Eagle1, Oct 26, 2005
  10. Gordon

    poboy9250 Guest

    From your email, I understand that you are experiencing the "TrayApp

    error message when trying to run the HP Director or Digital Imaging
    Monitor. I regret the inconvenience caused.

    James, to resolve the issue insert the All-In-One CD when prompted t

    install the TrayApp. Then, navigate to
    the folder on the disk called, "TrayApp", there you find TrayApp.msi
    installer, click on that, hit OK and the Imaging Monitor shoul
    extract
    the trayapp automatically.

    Also, remove the HP related entries from the System startup. To do so

    perform the following steps:

    1. Click Start and select Run.

    2. Type MSConfig and press Enter.

    3. Click the Startup tab.

    4. Clear the checkboxes for all HP programs.

    5. Click Apply and then click OK.

    6. Restart the computer.

    Now, check the functioanlity of the All-in-One. If the issue persists
    recommend you uninstall and reinstall the software.

    To uninstall the software download the All-in-One software Removal
    utility for your HP PSC 2355 All-in-One from the following URL:

    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software4/COL8988/mp-24061-1/gr_uninst.ex

    Run the All-in-One software removal utility. This will remove all th

    contents of the PSC 2355 All-in-One software.

    Now, restart the computer and install the PSC 2355 All-in-On
    software.
    For your convenience, I am here with providing the web site whic
    helps
    you in installing your PSC 2355 All-in-One software:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c0021465

    poboy9250, Oct 26, 2005
  11. Gordon

    poipndr Guest

    ok i read all the trayApp.msi problems and solutions. my humbl
    question is can someone break it down in laymans terms.i'm the kin
    of novices,theres so many choices to resolve this pesky bugger
    thanks to everyone :crybaby

    poipndr, Nov 2, 2005
  12. Gordon

    poipndr Guest

    got it ,went to msconfig\start-up\untickled hp digital imaging an
    restarted . that little bug is gone
    ooh-rah :

    poipndr, Nov 3, 2005
  13. Gordon

    GJ Guest

    I've got the same problem with my "All-In-One" HP Photosmart 2610. Th
    solution (restart with inserted HP-CD) worked fine !!. :D

    I am glad I found the solution at your forum website !! TANKS :nod

    GJ, Nov 24, 2005
  14. Gordon

    whitebeard Guest

    HP CD did it for my wife's laptop. Thanks. :nod

    whitebeard, Nov 26, 2005
  15. Gordon

    motormouth Guest

    My HP Officejet 7200 series printer installation CD has th
    TrayApp.msi on it. To get it, hit browse, select your CD drive
    double-click the file "Setup", double-click the fil
    "TrayApp", then click Open

    motormouth, Jan 26, 2006
  16. Gordon

    mfranky Guest

    okay i havnt the faintest idea why this should be happening
    becaus I dont have a HP all-n-one i have a Brothers all-n-on
    ! this started two days ago and I Can get it to go awa
    eventually but its driving me up the wall !!! . I got my
    computer back in Oct '05 and it's a Windows Media Center could i
    be related to that ? So as you can imagine I dont have the CD
    its referring to . Not that Im sure I m having the same problem

    mfranky, Mar 10, 2006
  17. Gordon

    larry1063 Guest

    :D the trayApp installer is on the printer install dis
    when you put it in look in the install file you will find a folde
    called TrayApp it will then install the files needed ...thank
    larr

    larry1063, Apr 13, 2006
  18. Gordon

    migelito Guest

    I also have had this Tray App appearing on my computer - there was n
    indication where it was coming from and I thought I had downloade
    some spyware or something.

    Thanks to to those who gave the solution of using the HP disc - it ha
    worked

    migelito, Apr 23, 2006
  19. Gordon

    dtrawets Guest

    tray app problem: i'm guessing the all of you have an antispywar
    programs. the one i use is microsoft antispyware.
    when these types of programs update themselves things can change
    meaning that you had the printer before and the spyware program an
    there was no problems. then all of a sudden one day. "hey
    what's going on."

    sometimes these programs seek out spyware files that are simular t
    other program files and can't tell them apart. this is part th
    reason that the program will give you the choice as to what you wan
    to do with them. when you run the spyware program and get the list o
    things to del. quarenteen or ignore, you should read them carefull
    and research the files you don't know or quarenteen them at best
    this leave the option of replacing them if needed.

    when you get the pop up window asking for the all in one disc and yo
    think to yourself you don't have one.
    sometimes when products are being made the manual or software can b
    updated so it doesn't exactly relate to your situation. its jus
    covering more new products that are very simular to yours and can us
    the same manuel or software although

    the tray app file is on the disc that came with the printer. it migh
    be hidden to you but its probably in the install file. uninstall th
    printer files by way of control pannel then add/remove programs, a
    should be done with any uninstalling, find the program, remove it
    then reinstall. this should put the tray app file back. then run you
    antispyware program and watch for anything to do with the printeran
    click ignore. for what its worth, that's my suggestion. i use to hav
    this problem, and finally fixed it. now, just to remember how i di
    it... ;

    dtrawets, Apr 25, 2006
  20. Gordon

    macado184 Guest

    Hi All

    I had the same problem but worse. I could not stop, cancell, or clos
    the Windows Installer without Ctrl,Alt,Del

    I used the CD that came with my Hp All-in-One and whalla !!!! I
    worked. I thought it had something to do with Real Player, but i
    actuallity, it was the Printer. All is good here. Hope you have th
    same results

    Michae

    macado184, May 5, 2006