HP psc750 behaving badly, making to much noise...

Discussion in 'HP' started by CBee, Aug 31, 2005.

  1. CBee

    CBee Guest

    Hi

    After our hp psc750 is powered on, the scanner calibrates itself, the light goes
    on and the scan-beam moves to the beginning. However, at the beginning, it
    recognizes something (it moves back and forward some times like before) however,
    now it continues moving to the right. It tries to move outside its box and a
    grasping noise tells me some gear or belt is being ruined.

    After a while, the noise stops and the display tells a scanner failure.

    Mean while, printing is still possible and works as usual.

    What can be the problem with the scanner?
    How can I solve it? Clean something? (I have opened the scanner part, no dirt
    visible)

    Is there a way to disable the scanner and just use the printer?

    CBee

    CBee, Aug 31, 2005