HP scanjet 3570c

Discussion in 'HP' started by Whealie, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Whealie

Whealie

The product has worked fine since I bought it - but - about two years ago the shortcut to 'HP Director' stopped working - thereby locking me out of a number of facilities. I can however do most things by using the buttons on the actual scanner. At the time HP said that Microsoft had changed something ( blame someone else) that had affected the HP set up and that there was no patch for it at the time. Today - sods law - I need to OCR a document - but although I think that there is an OCR facility - I can't get to it - it needs the HP Director to work. I can't easily raise HP - at 8p a minute for lousy music I soon get bored - so I wondered:
    Does any one know of a patch or a fix or of a way around the problem. Is there a downloadable OCR package ( preferably a freeby as I rarely need the ocr facility) that will run without conflict. I have checked that my HP drivers are current. I am running Windows XP
    Cheers folks
    Whealie

Whealie, Feb 1, 2008
Ask a Question