HP Single Opteron 2.2 ghz server is faster than HP dual Xeon 3.2 ghzserver

Discussion in 'Intel' started by JK, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. JK

    JK Guest

    JK, Sep 29, 2004

  2. JK

    Judd Guest

    As one can see, the two systems were not configured the same. The Xeon
    isn't even the latest architecture. The Xeon had the older, slower, bus
    speed (533... come on, been 800 forever now). The older Xeons had 1/2 the
    L2 cache. Pretty ridiculous comparison.

    From Spec.org

    Intel Corporation Intel D925XCV (AA-400) motherboard (3.6 GHz, Pentium
    4 Processor with HT Technology) 1630 1627 1 core, 1 chip, 1 core/chip with
    Jul-2004 HTML PDF PS Text Config

    Advanced Micro Devices Tyan Thunder K8QS Pro (S4882), AMD Opteron (TM)
    850 1663 1567 1 core, 1 chip, 1 core/chip Sep-2004 HTML PDF PS Text Config

    Top Intel and Top AMD processor are very similar in CPU benchmarking.

    Judd, Sep 29, 2004