    Hi, I think the general concensus is that Lenovo's X60 and X61 lines of
    tablet PCs have superb digitizers to make pen-writing as natural as
    possible. Does HP have any offerings with similar quality digitizer? Thanks!

    Chen Shen, Jul 11, 2007

  2. Chen Shen

    WNewquay Guest

    With the exception of the HP TX1000
    http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/447013-0-0-225-121.html

    Most of the HP machines use the same Wacom digitizer technology as the
    Lenovo machines. The digitizer experience should be similar.

    There may be other factors that influence your digitizer experience, like
    processor, graphics subsystem, memory - because these can all contribute to
    the general perception of responsiveness. This is often most apparent with
    inking.

    --
    WN
    Microsoft MVP - Tablet PC

    WNewquay, Jul 11, 2007

  3. Chen Shen

    Chen Shen Guest

    I've seen a lot of places which say that the HP tablet PCs are not true
    tablet PCs and that their handwriting quality are not good at all, is that
    only a specific line of notebooks?

    Thanks!

    Chen Shen, Jul 16, 2007
  4. Chen Shen

    terri Guest

    When you read that, I'd pretty much bet that it's the tx1000 series. HP
    doesn't even advertise that as a Tablet PC, but as an entertainment
    notebook.

    HP's other Tablet PC series are fine for inking.
    --
    Terri Stratton
    Microsoft Featured Community

    terri, Jul 17, 2007
  5. Chen Shen

    Chen Shen Guest

    Ah, Thanks!

    Chen Shen, Jul 23, 2007
  6. Chen Shen

    Mason Guest

    yes, the tx1000 is a touch digitizer which likely explains those reviews.
    The HP tc4400 uses a Wacom digitizer which provides a much nicer experience.

    Mason, Aug 6, 2007
  7. Chen Shen

    terri Guest

    terri, Aug 6, 2007
  8. I'm gonna agree with HP on this one... the tx1000 is certainly no Tablet PC.
    :)

    (Grr... still mad about that experience with the lady on the train who
    thought she had a Tablet PC that just didn't have a stylus in the box...)

    Josh Einstein, Aug 6, 2007