    the Server OS. I shared my desktop cd-rom...and still no luck...has anyone
    been able to restore their HP from a network boot? Has anyone been able to
    run the restore form a Sony drive?. Any help would be great.

    J Bethune, Aug 20, 2003

  2. J Bethune

    james Guest

    I had a total crash in February of this year and needed
    to restore for the cd rom as well. I also had a sony
    external drive. According to Compaq, the only drive they
    woud guarentee it to boot from was their own. I tried all
    other avenues and eventually just broke down and bought
    the compaq drive. Of course, it worked like a charm.

    james, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Well I solved my own problem. I useed PXE boot to restore my tablet. It
    worked beautifully. Took a while to set up but I was not about to shell out
    money for the compaq drive after I just purchased the ultra cool sony drive.
    If anyone wants to know how I did it...just email me.

    Poolsharkie69, Aug 22, 2003