    I have an option to purchase a used HP tc4400 Tablet currently installed with
    XP Pro. I want to upgrade it to VISTA. Has anyone done this? or does anyone
    have any suggestions?

    JD, Jul 31, 2007

  2. JD shared these words of wisdom:
    I have not done it.
    But the tc4400 is one of the view models supported for Vista by HP.
    The necessary drivers are available for download on the HP website.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Aug 1, 2007

  3. JD

    S. Niemeyer Guest

    My experiences with Vista Ultimate are not encouraging. Though it is a T7200
    Dual Core CPU and updated with 2 Gig of RAM, the system feels slow. When I
    write a text email in Outlook 2007 sometimes the letters do not appear for
    some seconds - I had that experience last time with an under equipped Win98
    PC.

    You may enjoy improved handwriting recognition and improved security etc.
    But for me it's not a joy.

    S. Niemeyer, Aug 2, 2007
  4. JD

    S. Niemeyer Guest

    My experiences with Vista Ultimate (clean install) are not encouraging.
    Though it is a T7200 Dual Core CPU and updated with 2 Gig of RAM, the system
    feels slow. When I
    write a text email in Outlook 2007 sometimes the letters do not appear for
    some seconds - I had that experience last time with an under equipped Win98
    PC.

    You may enjoy improved handwriting recognition and improved security etc.
    But for me it's not a joy.

    Stefen

    S. Niemeyer, Aug 2, 2007
  5. I upgraded my TC4200, which was the predecessor to your machine, to Vista.
    It is running fine, and I would not go back to XP! Vista is a huge
    improvement for Tablet owners.

    HP has all the drivers updated and they work reasonably well, although I am
    having occasional problems with the digitizer not working when awakening
    from Hibernate. I haven't noticed any big speed decrease. I do have 1.5 gigs
    of RAM, and I have Aero turned off.

    Andrew Oliner, Aug 3, 2007
  6. With the Power Boost and conventional paging files both on an 8GB expressed
    card now I feel like I just bought a new P.c. TX 1000 2.2+2 +8

    It WAS sluggish! Get the SSD now!

    That's an AMD chip at 2.2 GHz with maxed out 2GB plus 8GB flash.

    Michael La Honta, Aug 11, 2007
  7. JD

    JPS Guest

    Hi JD
    I upgraded my TC4400, and had plenty of issues, with standby and power off,
    as well as some driver errors.
    I updated the system Bios, and sixed the drivers, and my TC4400 is perfect,
    runs very fast, no crashes for a few months,I am very happy. I found Windows
    Tablet edition very slow, and Vista is a huge improvement.

    JPS, Nov 3, 2007
  8. JD

    gariva Guest

    JDS. Please tell us what software and updates you've applied to your machine.

    I also have a TC4400 that was upgraded to Vista Enterprise. I can tell you
    that this is much better than XP Tablet PC but it still has many bugs.

    I have 2.5 gigs of ram with vista aero turned on and I think the computer
    runs fast enough considering I have a 5400rpm drive which will be replaced
    with a 7200rpm one soon.

    Good Luck

    gariva, Nov 20, 2007
  9. JD

    Tom Ker Guest

    Gariva,

    Where are you getting a 7200rpm drive for the tc4400? I didn't think HP
    offered that as an internal option.

    Tom

    Tom Ker, Nov 27, 2007
  10. JD

    Steven Wabik Guest

    they do offer the 7200rpm drives for the tc4400. you can get it as an
    upgrade, but when you buy the 120GB hard drive with the tc4400, you can only
    get it as an 5400rpm drive. it seems to be a rip off in a way. i just wish
    HP sold bigger capacity hard drives for the tc4400. they need 200GB hard
    drives for this tablet PC.

    Steven Wabik, Feb 8, 2008
  11. JD

    Steven Wabik Guest

    i noticed that you "upgraded" to vista enterprise. isn't that only availible
    in bulk purchases or whatnot? or do you just work for a company and that why
    u have that edition?

    Steven Wabik, Feb 8, 2008