HP USB printer disappears from 10.2.8 Print Center, can't add back

Discussion in 'HP' started by Scott Johnston, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. I have an HP PSC 2175xi USB printer, with the latest drivers and
    software (6.07) installed on my MacOS 10.2.8 (Power Macintosh G3 with
    PCI plugin USB). Everything was working fine, then I got "No Printers
    Selected" on my Print Dialog Box, and the Print Center had been
    emptied. When I attempt to Add the printer, I get "An error occurred
    while trying to add the selected printers. Error 1282". I have
    tried:

    - reconnecting the USB
    - connecting directly to the computer (without a hub)
    - reinstalling the HP printer software and drivers (after
    uninstalling)
    - recreating the /var/spool/cups directory as described here:

    (I've done this a few times).

    Any other suggestions? Would re-installing 10.2.8 help?

    Scott Johnston

    Scott Johnston, Nov 21, 2003

  2. If it helps, here's the related console message:

    Nov 23 17:20:21 localhost csregprinter: err=-4228 [line 273, file
    RegisterPrinterProfiles/csregprinter.c]

    Nov 23 17:20:21 localhost csregprinter: CSRegisterPrinter(devID,
    deviceName, dfltProfID, deviceProfs)=-4228 [line 171, file

    Scott Johnston, Nov 24, 2003