HP won't tell my why they're rejecting my order -- help!

Discussion in 'HP' started by Guest, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    This may be a bit off-topic, but I'm not sure where else to post this.

    I've been trying for the last few days to order a printer from HP, via
    their hpshopping.com website.

    They keep rejecting my order, but it takes them 1-2 days to get back
    to me, and every time they send me a mysterious email all about how
    they use "standard industry practices" to do their credit checks.

    My credit card is good (it's an ATM/Visa card), the money is in the
    account for the purchase, all the information matches, yet they
    continue to come back (2x now) with this mysterious email.

    I've called their sales department, talked with supervisors, and they
    all say the same thing, that they use "standard industry practices"
    blah blah blah. But there's nobody you can to talk to find out why
    they won't approve the order.

    Have they ALWAYS been this way, or just since their merger with Compaq?

    - Tim

    Guest, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Guest

    Elector Guest

    Sometimes if the name on the credit card/check card and address to
    send to don't match they will not approve. Did you ask to have the
    printer shipped to an alternate address? If so that may be it. Also
    some card issuers and banks for debit/check cards only allow certain
    products and services to be rendered. Check with the bank or credit
    issuer and see if that may be the case.

    And lastly the HP shopping site may be using your submittal but it may
    differ from the way you sign or spell your name and or address or the
    birthdates SSN# may be wrong etc. or the name and number don't match
    the banks records. Its all to combat fraud and ID theft

    Elector

    Elector, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Oh, I understand all that, and I'm glad someone's trying to prevent
    ID theft... but I called my bank to check, and they said that they
    already approved the transaction a couple of days ago, so it's HP's
    own processes that are rejecting my order.

    I just with they would work *with* me to actually, uh, like help me
    buy something from them, you know?

    If everything matches, and the order is approved, I don't see what their
    problem is. No other order has ever had a problem with this, only HP,
    and with them, there is no redress... they provide a blank wall of "security"
    which is keeping them from actually making a sale with me. Rather than
    make me confident in their "security", it is pissing me off.

    - Tim

    Guest, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Guest

    J. Yazel Guest

    ==== SNIP ====
    =======================

    If you think that's bad, just try to get a rebate from HP. I bought
    a 3820 printer months ago and they refuse to honor their rebate.

    Jack

    J. Yazel, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Guest

    Zermut Guest

    Your only option is to sue them in small claims court.

    Zermut

    Zermut, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Guest

    J. Yazel Guest

    ======================

    Yeah, sure.

    J. Yazel, Nov 30, 2003
  7. I don't know where you are, but if in the UK, a small claims count is
    not such a stupid idea. I'm no laywer, but as far as I'm aware you
    don't have to pay their legal fees, even if you loose the case, so you
    have nothing to loose beyond the small cost to register your claim. So
    it would not be like taking on a huge company with huge legal
    resources.

    If you are outside the UK, I've no idea of the situation.

    I've been having a horrid time at the minute trying to get a manual
    for an HP A3589A 5.5 kVA rack-mounted UPS. This is a serious
    professional product, yet HP don't make a manual available. As I've
    pointed out to HP, Sun microsystems have user and service manuals for
    very old machines online - a 13 year old machine running at 40 MHz.

    One thing you might want to try is an HP forum, where you can put your
    point. People from HP monitor those and I got a **lot** of help from
    someone at HP, although despite her best efforts, she was unable to
    obtain me a manual.

    Take a look at the forums.

    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/home.do

    Despite the fact their forums are moderated, they have posted some of
    my constructive comments which are not exactly complementry to HP -
    see near the bottom of:

    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/...281066&admit=716493758+1070385802549+28353475

    Dr. David Kirkby,
    email address at http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~davek/myemail.jpg

    Dr. David Kirkby, Dec 2, 2003
  8. Guest

    J. Yazel Guest

    Thanks for the information. I'm in the USA.

    Jack

    J. Yazel, Dec 2, 2003