HP3420 - Mechanical Error Cartridge Cradle Can Not Move

Discussion in 'HP' started by Jan & Dean, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. Jan & Dean

    Jan & Dean Guest

    Hello

    I have an HP3420 printer hooked up to a Compaq laptop.

    Quite a few weeks ago I changed my ink cartridge with an HP ink cartridge
    and now, when I try to print, I get an error message: "Mechanical Error
    Cartridge Cradle Can Not Move".

    I wrote to HP many times about this problem. They shipped me a new unit. I
    installed the new unit...same problem.

    Now the printer is out of warranty (as it took a long time for HP to send me
    the replacement).

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    -Dean