HP4050N & JetDirect 600N J3113A Problem

Discussion in 'HP' started by initiate497, Apr 1, 2006.

  1. initiate497

    initiate497 Guest

    I just installed a JetDirect 600N J3113A in my HP 4050N. How can I set
    its IP? The printer's control panel only gives me the option of turning
    TCP/IP on and off, etc.

    I tried using JetAdmin, but it will not go into the new devices to
    configure it, and HP Download Manager won't detect it to update the
    firmware.

    Here are the general information on my Config Page:

    HP JETDIRECT J3113A
    FIRMWARE REVISION: G.08.32
    LAN HW ADDRESS: 0030C10234E1
    PORT SELECT: RJ45
    PORT CONFIG: 100TX FULL
    AUTO NEGOTIATION: ON
    MFG ID: 39463946900719
    DATE MANUFACTURED: 11/99
    I/O CARD NOT READY: 59
    INCOMPLETE F/W -MUST DOWNLOAD

    PROTOCOL INFORMAITON

    SNMP SET CMTY NAME: NONE
    TCP/IP STATUS: NOT IN USE

    Any help on how to set the IP address so I can set it up on the network
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    initiate497, Apr 1, 2006

  2. initiate497

    Tony Guest

    Firstly you have to set CFG Network=YES to make the JetDirect menu accessible,
    then you have to set CFG TCP/IP=YES and BOOTP=NO to enable manual setting of
    the ip, subnet and gateway etc.
    Note that CFG Network and BOOTP will always revert to defaults (CFG Network=NO,
    CFG TCP/IP=NO and BOOTP=YES) when you exit the menu. You also have to enable
    TCP/IP of course. When you get the submenu with ip settings etc you need to set
    each byte and save it or it will recert to zeros. Also if no ip address is set
    within 5 minutes the ip address will default to 192.0.0.192
    The network card should then go to Ready status and the printer will go on-line.
    I can send you a 2 page PDF with instructions, if you would like it please
    e-mail me at the above address.
    Tony
    Tony

    Tony, Apr 1, 2006

  3. initiate497

    Warren Block Guest

    Without a working firmware image, you may not be able to use the
    JetDirect. Likewise, without being able to get a network connection,
    you may not be able to download a working firmware image.

    Maybe there's some other way to get around this, but it sounds like
    warranty time.

    Warren Block, Apr 2, 2006