    hi i've been assigned this task of developing some html pages for a
    pocket pc. can anyon help or suggest someeplacce where i can get some
    guidelines.

    shreya, May 9, 2005

  2. shreya

    Robert Scott Guest

    Try posting this question in:

    microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

    -Robert Scott
    Ypsilanti, Michigan

    Robert Scott, May 9, 2005

  3. shreya

    shreya Guest

    thanks a lot
    but where do i get the guidelines for this development? b'coz i would
    be creating these pages on a pc then transfering. besides these pages
    already exist for a normal pc. basically i am transfering my
    application to a pocket pc.
    so i need guidelines to facilitate this transfer.
    shreya

    shreya, May 10, 2005
  4. shreya

    Tauno Voipio Guest

    It's still a Microsoft question: both the desktop PC and
    the Pocket PC are running on Microsoft software - right?

    Tauno Voipio, May 10, 2005
  5. shreya

    shreya Guest

    thats fine but how can Microsoft provide dvelopment guidelines for an
    html deevelopment

    shreya, May 10, 2005
  6. shreya

    Richard Guest

    Guidlines on what subject? Writting HTML, transferring them onto the Pocket
    PC, layout style, development tools, etc., etc.

    Richard, May 10, 2005
  7. shreya

    shreya Guest

    Yes its like more ofwriting html and details of designing the GUI.
    keeping in mind that we already have an application running on the
    desktop. Which should be similar.

    shreya, May 11, 2005
  8. I suspect you may have a fundamental misconception of what HTML is. It is
    not a programming language, and it is platform-independent: it's simply a
    page description language. Well-written HTML (e.g. HTML 4.01 with CSS, with
    due attention paid to the Web Accessibility Guidelines on the W3C site)
    should work [1] on any decent, modern browser.

    FWIW, I do PocketPC development and I also write HTML. My pages display
    perfectly well on the PocketPC.

    Alternatively, perhaps I've misunderstood what you're trying to do?

    [1] ... certain bugs and inadequacies in the current browsers
    notwithstanding ;).

    Steve
    http://www.fivetrees.com

    Steve at fivetrees, May 14, 2005