    have? (That would make sense, but lots of things that make sense aren't so.)
    The systems are running FreeBSD-5.3.

    DS

    David Schwartz, Nov 29, 2004

  2. David Schwartz

    daytripper Guest

    Hublink is utterly dissimilar to PCI - Express or Vanilla.

    As for documentation, it is remotely possible to obtain the red books for
    Hublink, but I guarantee you the effort will be huge...

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Hublink is utterly dissimilar to PCI - Express or Vanilla.
    Yes and no. It's utterly dissimilar electrically, but the chipset
    makes it look like a PCI bridge. The same, more or less, happens for
    AGP, CSA, and several other internal chipset linkages. In general, if
    a PCI-PCI bridge can do it, the host-AGP bridge or the host-hublink
    bridge can as well, or at least, it makes it look like it does.

    If there was a generic PCI way to get utilization, odds are it would
    work for CSA, Hublink, AGP, and the like. This is kind of the same way
    all the PATA stuff also works for PATA.

    DS

    David Schwartz, Nov 30, 2004