    My question: can I use port replicator /docking station as a power supply to
    laptop?
    TIA

    Peter M., Sep 24, 2003

  2. Peter M.

    John Guest

    On the I3700/I3800/I8000, the A/C adapter can only be plugged into the port
    replicator/docking station which will supply to the LT.

    John, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Peter M.

    card240 Guest

    Got Inspiron 7K with broken AC adapter pin, so I can,t connect AC power.
    My question: can I use port replicator /docking station as a power supply to
    laptop?
    I have the Inspiron 7000 and the docking station. The power brick connector
    plugs into the back of the docking station, and when the laptop is pushed
    into that, the notebook is powered from the replicator connection. So if
    you mean by "adapter pin" the power plug built into the laptop, then yes,
    you can power up that way.

    It happens my power input plug is flaky, too. I can just barely get it to
    work by pulling on the power wire and securing it under the laptop itself.
    PITA !

    Hope this helps.
    card240

    card240, Sep 24, 2003