    Does anyone have any knowledge on the 9100? I am somewhat concerned since
    Dell does have it listed on its laptop main page.

    MikeT

    miket6065, Jun 26, 2004

  2. If portability is a concern, the 8600/D800 is another possibility - it is
    smaller and has better battery life than the 9100/XPS, which uses a desktop
    processor.

    Edward J. Neth, Jun 27, 2004

  3. miket6065

    Jack Mac Guest

    I've had a 5150 since December and have used it 4 or 5 hours at a time and have
    never had it shut down from overheating. It's a heavier laptop than the
    Inspirion 4000 which I replaced. The battery life is longer and is an overall
    larger computer than the 4000. If I traveled with it a lot I'd look at something
    else.

    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac, Jun 27, 2004