    hit Apply, hit OK, but nothing changes. It is real annoying because some
    menus disappear once I move my hand out of the way to see what the menu says.
    How do I correct this problem?

    RWThrun, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Some menus are not affected by that setting because there is so much
    legacy menu code in Windows from different libraries. Not much that can
    be done about it until Longhorn, and even then it would also require
    certain apps be recompiled with new libraries.

    Mike Williams [MVP], Oct 22, 2004

  3. RWThrun

    RWThrun Guest

    So, what menus are supposed to appear on the left side? None on my PC do. I
    wish I were left-handed, it would make tablet PCs more convienient!

    RWThrun, Oct 22, 2004
  4. RWThrun

    Chris H. Guest

    No, the menu items like Start/All Programs and the program listings with
    sub-menu items, appear on the right. The major programs like Office and
    Internet Explorer also expand to the right.

    I find your problem a bit ironic, because we usually see complaints from
    left-handed users about the scroll bars, etc. :cool:

    What orientation do you primarily use on your Tablet PC, landscape or
    portrait? Have you tried moving your Taskbar to either side or top, and
    away from the default bottom location?

    Chris H., Oct 22, 2004