    it?

    Thank you very much

    Filippo

    Filippo, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Filippo

    Tonka Guest

    Are you 100% certain the antenna is not fitted. Look around the recess where
    the card fits do you not see the connector end, it may be tucked away and
    tapped down as in my case.

    If it's not there then it could pos a problem as the cable is approximately
    200mm long and weaved in and around the hardware........as far as I could
    find out from various "experts"

    I can only inform you of my findings, following the fitting of an Intel 2100
    minipci card. The antennas are manufactured by Hirose (HRS) with
    specification U.FL-LP-066-***. The *** referring to its length.

    The problem I had was that the prefitted antenna was too short and would not
    reach the socket on the card so I called Hirose and they sent me a new
    antenna with which I cut off the connector + 50mm cable and spliced it to my
    existing antenna. All worked great thereafter.

    Hirose quoted £2.90 for a 300mm cable and £3.27 for a 500mm. Obviously I
    only needed the 300 as I was going to cut it anyway.

    The only major problem you have is feeding it around your system hardware.
    It might pay to get the antenna and then just loop it around inside the card
    slot and see if that works, if not you might have to get an eggspurt to
    strip it down and fit the antenna around.

    hope this helps
    DJ

    Tonka, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Filippo

    Filippo Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:23:28 +0000 (UTC), "Tonka"

    thank you Tonka for you exhaustive answer.
    It was very usefuf for me!

    Filippo, Jul 16, 2004